Ch1 L3: Fear (Part 1 – confidence)
- We discussed that the first reaction to an unknown thing is fear. Think about the historical paradigm shift so nowadays we say that an unknown thing can be an opportunity.
- Regarding the previous exercise, think why babies don’t feel fear so much and try almost every new thing?
- How can unrealistically high or low confidence cause depression?
- Think about the relative confidence or power (compared to others). Why do we tend to belittle others? Why do kids make fun of or bully each other? Do you think that it’s inherent or acquired? How can we relate racism, sexism, or chauvinism to relative confidence?
- There are 25 horses among which you need to find out the fastest 3 horses. You can conduct race among at most 5 to find out their relative speed. At no point you can find out the actual speed of the horse in a race. Find out how many races are required to get the top 3 horses.